Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
December 3rd, 2015, 8:29 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey guys,

I have had trouble getting my 640 started. It seems like the igniter is struggling lighting the pellets. The only way I was able to get it lit was to have a few pellets in the tray and I would manually catch the falling pellets as it seemed like they were snuffing out the embers. My only thought is that my igniter is starting to fail so it's not producing as much heat as it should. Any thoughts? BTW, my smoker is a week over being 2 years old. Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

December 3rd, 2015, 9:54 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Here is the best way to know for sure: download/Best%20Practice%20and%20how%20to/Cooker%20Failing%20to%20Light%20.pdf

The igniter has a 1 year warranty. Call 877.409.6337 and select option 1 for sales, or buy online here: http://www.atbbq.com/yoder-smokers-ys-s ... niter.html

Yoder_Herb
December 16th, 2015, 9:30 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey guys,

The new igniter showed up and has been installed. A big thank you goes out to the yoder design team for making the replacement process quite easy to what I was imagining. I tested out the igniter last night and it worked great. While I was in the fire box, I also put the pellet tray into the workbench vice to make the fit a bit tighter in the firebox. The weather really hasn't gotten that cold up here in NJ so I think I have a few cooks left in the season. Thank you Mother Nature!

Return to Pellet