Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
November 24th, 2015, 12:56 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello All:

I am excitedly waiting for my 640 to arrive. I looked over the manual I found online, but it didn't seem to give much in the way of starting techniques. I'm looking for the basics on temperature and technique for basic cooks - chicken parts, whole chicken, brisket, ribs, etc. Could anyone point me in the direction of such a resource for pellet grills?

Also, I see a lot of recipes over at ATBBQ use store bought rubs. Some I bet are delicious. But I like to control the amount of salt I use, especially if I brine. Can anyone point me to a good resource on basic rub recipes? I saw a few books on Amazon but wasn't convinced by some of the recommendations.

Thank you

November 24th, 2015, 2:36 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Do a Google search for amazing ribs - great resource for information overload.

Yoder_Herb
December 4th, 2015, 6:09 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks, Yoder_Herb. That site rocks and has exactly what I need.

December 18th, 2015, 8:16 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Check Malcolm reid's site, howtobbqright. Great recipes for most everything, and has great rubs and sauce.

yoder 640
December 18th, 2015, 10:20 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

In addition to the aforementioned, you might try extraordinarybbq.com . I've found some good tips and recipes there too.

December 18th, 2015, 11:53 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Yep. as they say...google is your friend (for temps, recipes and sauces)until you get your feet wet ! I can also say the Big Bob Gibson is a great reference. The only book I have was given to me and I have never used it even though my buddy who was a chef swears by it...Barbecue Bible (Sauces,Rubs and Marinades) by Steven Raichlen. Other than that, trial and error and the best thing is even the errors are pretty darn good!

Return to Pellet