Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
June 29th, 2016, 8:05 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

As I mentioned this grill is BRAND new only on it's 3rd burn, grill manufacture date is 5/16/2016 so most of your stock responses don't relate to my problem. BBQ Delight pellets blend mix. I ran you the temp test as described. Whats next. Return it for one that works.

June 29th, 2016, 10:20 am
Site AdminSite Admin

swroberts2 wrote:As I mentioned this grill is BRAND new only on it's 3rd burn, grill manufacture date is 5/16/2016 so most of your stock responses don't relate to my problem. BBQ Delight pellets blend mix. I ran you the temp test as described. Whats next. Return it for one that works.

The questions are asked to help us better understand the situation, since we are not physically with the cooker. We rely on questions and answers to get on the same page as you, to better understand the situation and what is actually happening, so we can correctly diagnose the situation. We require your help in being our eyes, ears and hands, and have to interpret the answers and situation to solve your issue.

I have received your email to customer service, so we will continue the conversation via email.

Yoder_Herb
June 29th, 2016, 10:25 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

You are using the round kitchen thermometers that have a flat bottom to sit on? You have a digital thermometer? Like Maverick ET-732? I don't trust analog round dial thermometers unless they are the expensive ones. AND as soon as you open the door to check them, bam the temp drops, you need a digital probe thermometer, you really do.

The top grate will be much cooler than the bottom grate.

Get two packs of cheapo bonk bonk biscuits And spread them all over, top and bottom shelf. Cook them, see how much difference they cook at.

That said, If I put my cooker at 350, it'll be within 20f in 30 min.

September 20th, 2016, 2:00 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

My question relates to temperature variation across the cooking surface. I tried another brand for several cooks and found that one end was much hotter. Ribs laying flat were almost seared during 225 deg cooks. Rotating the meat was required for a full grate. Is this true of the Yoder 640. Is this true of all pellets? This may be the wrong place for this type of question. If so, please suggest a be place.

September 20th, 2016, 2:09 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

This will give you some insight: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=787

Yoder_Herb
Previous

Return to Pellet