Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
November 15th, 2015, 6:16 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

This is a first and I don't even have my Y640 yet. Just wanted all to know how ATB works. Ordered my smoker in late October and it arrived on Nov 5. Unfortunately it arrived damaged. Actually upside down and in terrible condition. I contacted Mike and sent photos and a new one was shipped the next day. It arrived on last Thursdat and was in worse condition than the first one. It was not on it's pallet and one wheel was broken off and the axle was bent . Lots of dents and scratches. Again sent photos and got a reply from Mike the same day.

Then Jessica contacted me to tell me that this was only the 2nd time a replacement smoker had been damaged and they would construct a special protective frame so I would not experience anymore problems. It will ship tomorrow. They will also take a photo of the packed smoker before it leaves their site.

ATB has little or no control what happens after a product leaves they facilities, but Jessica said she was contacting the shipper to try to eliminate the problems I am having. Not hard to see why ATB and the Yoder Smoker are top rated. Now I just hope I can have the YS640 for my Thanksgiving turkey.

DunGrillin2BSmokin (I hope)

November 15th, 2015, 9:30 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Was the freight company Fedex Freight ?

November 15th, 2015, 11:42 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yes it was. Apparently that is all ATB uses because they are very good at honoring claims like mine.

November 16th, 2015, 2:52 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Dungrillin2BSmokin,

The chances of a Smoker being damaged in freight is slim but having 2 damaged is unbelievable. Perhaps you can have ATB ship the next smoker to you under a different name. You probably pissed off someone and they're getting back at you. Just a thought.
Keep us updated on the 3rd smoker.

Dashley

November 16th, 2015, 4:14 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

dashley, thanks for the reply. Now in addition to worry about getting my YS640 I now have to worry about who I pissed out at the freight company.

Return to Pellet