Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
October 21st, 2015, 8:38 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

My igniter finally gave up gave up after almost 2 years.
Ordered 2 new ones from ATBBQ.

I have owned a FEC100, Traeger Lil Tex, and a PG500 and have had to replace igniters in all of them.
Changing out the YS640 igniter was a "snap" compared to all 3 of the others!!!
Took only 15-20 minutes or so and I did not have to do major surgery.

A couple of observations:
1. When on the phone to order, I was told the allen wrench was 3 MM and the instructions included specify 1/8 ". Basically the same size wrench, but it out be helpful to have the wrench size shown in the smoker manual so folks could make sure they have the right one available when the replacement arrives.

2. I have seen 3 different numbers for the depth of the igniter tip in the surrounding tube. One place says 3/16" inside the lip of the tube. another says even with the lip, and the instructions with the tube says 1/8" protruding from the tube.
I went with the 1/8" and it works just fine.
Once again, it would help if the proper placement was in the owner's manual.

I have bagged and labeled my spare and put the proper allen wrench in the bag.
Wont have to did through my box of them next time. :D

GREAT COOKER--my favorite all around machine of all.

TIM

YS 640
October 21st, 2015, 1:53 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Here are the latest versions of the Yoder Smoker manuals: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=153

Here are the latest versions of the Yoder Smokers service documents: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=141

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet