Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
August 23rd, 2015, 11:13 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Help!
I've had my YS640 for just over a year. Love it! However, the last few times I have used it, it has not maintained temperature at all. It will heat to set temperature, then the display will read the target temperature and the actual temperature as the same, but will show the grill as cooling down. The inside temperature (as checked by a grate thermometer) will drop to about 100 degrees F, and will not rise even if I increase the set temperature. At first I thought it might be a dirty probe, but cleaning that did not solve the problem. Any ideas?

August 23rd, 2015, 12:19 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Have you been using the same bag of pellets? I had a similar issue and found that it was the bag of pellets i was using. I am assuming the humidity or moisture got to it

August 23rd, 2015, 12:33 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Greg Tollefsbol wrote:Help!
I've had my YS640 for just over a year. Love it! However, the last few times I have used it, it has not maintained temperature at all. It will heat to set temperature, then the display will read the target temperature and the actual temperature as the same, but will show the grill as cooling down. The inside temperature (as checked by a grate thermometer) will drop to about 100 degrees F, and will not rise even if I increase the set temperature. At first I thought it might be a dirty probe, but cleaning that did not solve the problem. Any ideas?

More than likely your thermocouple wire has been damaged, pulled from the controller or the thermocouple has failed.

Send your name, phone number, shipping address and the cooker's serial number and build date from the door plate to customerservice@yodersmokers.com, and reference this forum thread.

Yoder_Herb
August 24th, 2015, 1:44 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thank you gentlemen

Return to Pellet