Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
June 22nd, 2015, 3:44 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

After being done with Traeger, can anyone tell me what I'd like most about the Yoder pellet versus a traeger? What are some of the drawbacks to Yoder? Thanks!

June 22nd, 2015, 8:15 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

As a former Traeger owner I can give you a few:

The first improvement you will notice and most will tell you is the overall build. The Door on my YS640 weighs nearly the same as the whole bbq155. The craftsmanship and welds are very good on the Yoder and nearly non existent on the Traeger. Heat management is much more precise and staying at temp during the wintertime especially when opening is very important.

Drawbacks...cleaning is a little tougher only because there are a few more moving parts and they all weigh a lot more. Also, if you get grilling grates there's always that what should I do with what I am not using thing. It does take a little longer to get up to temp (more steel/more warmup) and uses more pellets (same issue).

Overall...kinda like comparing a mobile home to a custom home. You pay for craftsmanship. The traeger is a good entrance level pellet grill. You've done your homework, got in a lot of practice and now the next step is a better grill with more options and better control for your cooks.

Take the plunge....your only regret will be that you waited so long.

Return to Pellet