Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
June 13th, 2015, 9:35 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Had to go shopping with the boss (I was driving) to spend her Kohl's cash (if you don't know what that is, it's the "free" money from shopping at Kohl's that is like a crack addiction), and while she was shopping, I went to the cooking section to "browse". Like any 3 year old, I had to touch and examine everything, to see if I "needed" it or not (no I didn't taste anything). I did pick up a round pizza crisper pan (large pizza pan with holes in it) to cook Papa Murphy's pizza on the cookers, and I also found these

IMG_0185.JPG

Which looks like this on the YS640 upper shelf
IMG_0188.JPG

And 2 of them look like this on the lower grates
IMG_0191.JPG

Notice that I had one with the little leg nubs up and one with them down. To use them on my cooker, since I have the expanded metal lower grates, I will use them with the leg nubs in the up position, so I can put them where ever I want, instead of having to find where the leg nubs fit down into the grates, and because of this
IMG_0193.JPG

If you have the round bar grates, you should not have an issue with this, but, I will state that I am not 100% sure, since I have not tested this. The door on my YS640 does close all the way, but the drip rail does come in contact with these grates.

Yoder_Herb
June 13th, 2015, 10:16 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *
August 1st, 2015, 7:33 am
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Nice find indeed. I been trying to find some like this. Herb did you get the 14" pizza pan and is it big enough for the "family size" Papa Murphys pizza?

Pitmaster_Rick
Proud owner of a YS640
August 1st, 2015, 12:56 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

I believe the pizza pan is big enough, but I have not used it for Papa Murphy's.

When I do Papa murphy's, I use my Grill Grates, flipped flat side up, and put the Papa Murphy's pizza, with their paper tray, right on top. I also put another set of Grill Grates, flat side down, on the top shelf right above the bottom, to get a heat reflection on the top of the pizza. You will need to turn the Grill Grates for the top shelf so they fit and the lid closes.

Yoder_Herb
August 1st, 2015, 2:35 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Ok thanks. And btw i went to Kohls today and bought two of those same cooling grids.

Pitmaster_Rick
Proud owner of a YS640
August 2nd, 2015, 8:21 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

My wife and I are sitting here laughing so hard we have tears in our eyes.
Your description of Kohl's cash is "SPOT ON"!!!! :-)

Return to Pellet