Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
May 26th, 2015, 10:22 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Curious if anyone has any good ideas on loosening the door hinge on a Wichita. I keep my smoker more sheltered than my own children, but still find that the door hinge on the firebox gets rusted up. The best thing I've found is just plain old squirts of WD-40, but that only last a couple of cooks. I could literally use a rubber mallet just to get my door open. Once I lube, I'm good to go for a few burns. Curious if there's better lubricant to use. The top doors work as expected. It's just the dang firebox door.

May 28th, 2015, 8:31 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

I keep my Wichita covered anytime it's not being used, is yours covered and still rusting? I recently reseasoned the outside of the smoker and firebox. I used peanut oil from a previous turkey fry and some Pam spray.

June 28th, 2015, 10:09 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Just an update on this and hopes it helps someone else.

I keep my Wichita covered 24/7. The door has just found its own way to get jelled up. I've just learned to put a few drops of oil on the hinges prior to each cook. It's been working well for my last few cooks.

Return to Pellet