Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
May 23rd, 2015, 4:00 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi,

I bought my Yoder YS640 smoker as a birthday present to myself. My first two cooks went without any problems. However, today is a different story.

I heated my Yoder up to 350 degrees and put on an 8 pound prime rib roast. I came back out to check it and it was in standby mode. The blue light is on but there are no readings. I unplugged the Yoder and plugged it back in. It started again with no problems. After about 10 minutes, it does the same thing. No readings but the fan continues to operate. I tried a different outlet but the Yoder keeps doing it. (Going on 4 times now).

Now I'm gonna have to move the prime rib to the oven to try and save the meal. (Everyone is extremely disappointed.)

Can someone please help me?

May 23rd, 2015, 5:42 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder has great customer service!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Herb and the problem is fixed!!

May 24th, 2015, 12:19 am
* Durnago ** Durnago *

That's fantastic. Can you share what worked so others can know?

June 3rd, 2015, 11:54 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Sure.

I had to reach up under the smoker at the electrical cord area. Two of the three wires were loose. They were not crimped when the smoker was made and had worked themselves loose. I just had to reconnect the wires and crimp them.

I think this fix was posted in another area of the forum.

Return to Pellet