Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 29th, 2015, 2:06 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Has anyone had any experience with "CookinPellets" brand of pellets?

I am looking at the "Perfect Mix" pellets, and was wondering if anyone has used them? If so, what the overall experience of this brand and mixture? Any information would be great.

These don't seem too badly priced, as they have a 40# bag for $22.00. Thanks in advance!

--- KDaWG

YS640 Black Competition Cart
April 29th, 2015, 2:54 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

I have not used them, so I can't help with your question. I exclusively use BBQR's Delight from ATBBQ. I buy by the pallet or 1/2 pallet to get the bulk price.

Yoder_Herb
April 29th, 2015, 8:49 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *

I have used them. My experience with them was a very light flavor and aroma and they burned really fast. I won't use them anymore. Some people like them, but they aren't for me.

April 29th, 2015, 11:29 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks for the input. Glad I asked!

--- KDaWG

May 1st, 2015, 7:47 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I have used them frequently, as there's a distributor in my area and I can get a 40 lb bag for about $26, which is cheaper than I can get BBQr's Delight delivered, due to crazy shipping costs...even in a 1/2 pallet or full pallet size with residential delivery. I have also used BBQr's Delight pellets. For me, I cannot tell a huge difference between the two. I could definitely tell a difference in the Green Mountain, Traeger and others, which had significantly more ash accumulation, but I have been equally happy with BBQr's Delight and CookinPellets Perfect Mix. I find they burn at about the same rate for me. As to flavor, I like to burn a similar type of mix as Herb at 50/50 pecan and cherry. Perfect Mix isn't exactly the same, but it's pretty close in my experience. While Perfect Mix has hickory rather than pecan, it has apple and cherry which mellow the hickory a bit, which I prefer. Not sure what flavor profile Kirby prefers, but I would agree that Perfect Mix is not a strong flavor. If I want a stronger smoke flavor, I either use more hickory (or other pellets) or use an smoking tube to increase the smoke. If I could get BBQr's Delight pellets for the same $$, I would buy them instead, as I think they're probably just slightly more consistent and because I would rather make my own blend, rather than accepting their "perfect" mix... I go through enough pellets that the $$ is a factor, so I've been pretty happy with CookinPellets Perfect Mix. The other pellet I would try (because I know a ton of very, very happy pellet smoker owners who love them) is Fast Eddy/Cookshack pellets. Never tried them, but heard lots of good things on theirs too.

May 1st, 2015, 11:35 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks for the info TennesseeJed. I will look into what I can get delivered for the best cost. I was given 4 - 28# bags of Green Mountain when I got the smoker delivered, and went thru the first bag in the first week. My daughter is having a birthday party in 2 weeks, and she wants my to do some tri-tips and a brisket, so I figured I'd be going thru a few more pellets in the next couple weeks.

--- KDaWG

Return to Pellet