Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 16th, 2015, 8:41 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey All,

I just received my new YS480, tonight and I'm ready for this weekend and many cooking adventures to come.

Looking over the grill and pictures in the operation instructions I did notice a change.

**In my new grill- the temperature probe/thermocoupler is above the heat diffuser but just to the side area of the burn grate\fire box....almost over it

##The older models had the temperature probe\thermocouple on the back side of the grill above the heat diffuser.

1. Why the change in location?

2. When I do direct grilling\searing.....will this give the coupler a higher temperature reading being over the burn grate\fire box without the heat diffuser covering it?

3. This new location(almost above the diffuser and directly over the fire box-but covered by the diffuser) will it give a higher reading in general then when it was located on the back side?

Again as not to confuse anyone.

New location: Temp. probe above the diffuser but almost over the area of the fire box......not the location where it use to be on the back side.

*** Not this ....mine is close to the single screw on the far left.***

Thanks!!

Last edited by Cohiba on March 16th, 2015, 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
March 16th, 2015, 9:12 pm
* Durnago ** Durnago *
March 16th, 2015, 9:18 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks Kirby!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I didn't find the link myself!!! Doh!!!

Return to Pellet