Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 8th, 2015, 9:42 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

After seeing the heat management system plates with small to larger holes on the stick burners vs the solid diffuser plate on the 640, would the 640 benefit from utilizing the HMS? I'm not talking about the lever, just the plate.

Below is a portion of the write up for the YS 1500 which reads:

The integrated heat management system (HMS) that was perfected in our wood pits is now available to pellet cooks! The
HMS gives the pit­master outstanding temperature control from side to side, making it easy to grill off a bunch of steaks, fill it
full of butts and briskets or cook an entire competition on it.

So my question, is the HMS available on the 640 or maybe as an add on accessory/option? Thx in advance.

March 8th, 2015, 10:27 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The 1500 is physically a different design than the 640. It was built from the Kingman wood pit as a base, and designed to mimic the heat entry point, which allows the HMS to function efficiently. The 640 is much smaller, and the firebox is situated much differently than in the 1500, so an HMS would not function correctly.

Yoder_Herb
March 8th, 2015, 10:37 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Ok....there's my answer. Herb.....thank you for 'splaining. :)

Return to Pellet