Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 2nd, 2015, 4:58 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello all,
I am looking to purchase a YS480. I would like feedback on the following items to help with my decision.

I would like to have bigger wheels on the base, but do not need the competition cart option. Has anyone made modifications to the standard YS480 base to use larger wheels?

Also, I would use the smoker under a covered patio. I would like to put an extension on the smokestack to route the smoke so that it does not fill up the covered patio area. Has anyone had experience with a smokestack extenstion? Would extending the smokestack impact smoker functionality?

thanks,
David

March 2nd, 2015, 6:05 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Yep, a guy on another forum added bigger front and rear wheels. Welding etc was involved. PM me for info please. I can't post links to it here in the forum.

I use my 640 under a patio cover. I got a simple dryer vent tube and put a big hose clamp around it and put a wire tie there, I hang it off a nail and the other end goes right on the stack off the smoker. Been using that for over a year now. It comes right off and I bend the tube and put it in a corner. Better than the brown spot that developed on the cover. The wife wasn't too happy about that.

March 2nd, 2015, 8:43 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks Conumdrum.
My biggest concern was the ability to route the smoke using an extension of some type.

Return to Pellet