Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
January 19th, 2015, 8:08 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello everyone.

I have recently retired a lesser brand pellet grill after it tried and failed to burn my house down. A interesting story to say the least. One of my college buds (otherwise known as "The Mad Hunky") told me that the Yoder brand was the one to get.

I plan on ordering a YS640 sometime in 2015. Is there ever a one time annual sale for grills off of the website? I'm always interested in saving a buck, thought I'd ask and the worst folks can say is No, right? I figure 4-6 weeks for delivery so I'd like to order for sometime in the Spring.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

January 20th, 2015, 12:45 am
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

When I was researching mine this past fall I noticed they had a Black Friday sale in 2013 but it involved free 140lbs in pellets, not a price reduction. So I figured I wait until Black Friday but then they pulled a 100lb free pellet deal in Oct so I took it. Turned out there really wasn't a Black Friday deal last year so I'm glad I didn't hold out for it.

You can cruise their Blog/News section of their site to see all their past sales, you won't see much for the Yoder's themselves.

http://www.atbbq.com/thesauce/category/news/

January 20th, 2015, 7:31 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I think they sell so fast that what you see for the price is what you get, no diff. You want one, go order it. It's not like a Lowes spring sale for junk units. You're paying for quality and consistent quality cooks.

Never see sales on top quality units, no matter what it is.

January 20th, 2015, 10:01 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

oldsmike wrote: I figure 4-6 weeks for delivery so I'd like to order for sometime in the Spring.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

You might be pleasantly surprised. While there may be a rush (and longer lead times) before the summer smoking season, when I ordered my YS640 last fall, it was delivered within the week. They had one with the temperature port and extra shelf that I desired in stock.

The only equipment "discount" I could see was the ordering of the Competition Cart at the same time as the smoker, as it is less expensive to order them together than separately. Since my smoker is expected to remain on my deck and not move much, I did not purchase the cart (although I really really liked the way it looked).

I did get a slight discount on some pellets that I bought with the smoker, which was helpful since I was going to purchase pellets anyway.

January 22nd, 2015, 11:44 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Pellet grills on standard carts are currently shipping in 3-5 days. Competition carts are running 4-5 weeks lead time currently. We don't ever have cooker discounts as a general rule. The cookers are competitively priced to provide most value for the cooker you are buying. All Things BBQ has some very inciting package bundles for accessories and pellets. Hurry and get you order in before the spring rush!

January 22nd, 2015, 12:53 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

The best time to buy is, as soon as the funds are available! Like Joe said before the spring rush.

Mike
2 - YS640 Silver Competition Carts
January 22nd, 2015, 4:57 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

And if you don't mind credit, you can use the PayPal offer. That how I bought my 1500.

Return to Pellet