Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
January 16th, 2015, 4:27 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I'm new to both Yoder and pellets. A week ago, after a lot of research, I ordered a YS640. While I wait for it (4-6 weeks), my plan is to pick up some BBQr's Delight pellets. With that said, what are your go-to flavors?

January 16th, 2015, 8:36 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

BBQr's Delight 50/50 mix of pecan and cherry. Tried most of the rest, and this is my go to that I use all the time.

Yoder_Herb
January 16th, 2015, 9:50 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

I guess that makes it a 66% oak, 17% Pecan and 17% Cherry wood mix. I'll have to give that a try as well.

January 16th, 2015, 11:14 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Oak is great for hot burning, good efficiency. Pecan and Cherry are great for chicken pork, not a uber heat maker etc. Good color, right flavor profile for the right meat.

Lots of us also get a product called the Amazin pellet tube smoker AMZPTS. Add pure pellets to it to add more smoke profiles. Works great. Sommin to think about. When I do smoked salmon at low temps I use a mix of Oak, cherry, maple (another mix pellet brand and use put alder pellets for the tube smoker. Works great. It's not needed, but it's a nice tool, even for reverse searing steaks in a Weber charcoal grill to add a bit of smoke.

MODERATOR REMOVED VENDOR NAME - Please do not promote other vendors, dealers, or products.

January 17th, 2015, 7:55 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Conumdrum wrote:Oak is great for hot burning, good efficiency. Pecan and Cherry are great for chicken pork, not a uber heat maker etc. Good color, right flavor profile for the right meat.

Lots of us also get a product called the Amazin pellet tube smoker AMZPTS. Add pure pellets to it to add more smoke profiles. Works great. Sommin to think about. When I do smoked salmon at low temps I use a mix of Oak, cherry, maple (another mix pellet brand and use put alder pellets for the tube smoker. Works great. It's not needed, but it's a nice tool, even for reverse searing steaks in a Weber charcoal grill to add a bit of smoke.

MODERATOR REMOVED VENDOR NAME - Please do not promote other vendors, dealers, or products.

Hmmm.

Return to Pellet