Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
January 11th, 2015, 11:34 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

I'm returning to form on this post and asking "Is this normal?" so that I can learn what normal in my YS1500 pellet cooker looks like. I finally got in a long cook (13 hours) and here is what my ash looked like just wanted to check that this looks normal. Was I about to cover the air holes and cause a longer burn air flow issues?

This was using BBQr's Delight Hickory pellets and I vacuum out my firebox and surrounding area before each cook so this is all new ash from the 13hr burn.

Ash 1.JPG

Ash 2.JPG

As a follow up here is what my igniter looks like now and just checking to see if I should be cleaning this up any more than is shown here. This is just the result of vacuuming the firepot:

FullSizeRender 1.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

January 12th, 2015, 6:44 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I have a 640, bit smaller but the burn pot etc is the same. Yep, mine looks like that also, burn pot, igniter, ash dust. Vacuum it all up, tap the pot on something hard and mebbe a wire brush every few cooks. I see some greasy dust to the right in the first pic, I bought cheapo plastic scraper in the paint department, I scrape that once and a while and it vacuums right up. And the sides where dust collects now and then

January 12th, 2015, 10:45 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Looks normal.

Yoder_Herb
January 12th, 2015, 2:31 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Great thanks. I have a windshield ice scraper that broke off its brush last week and was going to use that to scrape off the grease affected ash.

Return to Pellet