Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
November 10th, 2014, 12:32 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

My Yoder YS640 arrived this past Wednesday, read the instructions and did the 1 hour burn in. Fired right up and ran like a charm. (Just a note, I let my wife know about my new smoker on Tuesday, yes we had discussed the idea but I did the research and went ahead and just ordered the Yoder). Her comments, wow it sure is massive, and then all heck took place. She started planning out all the meals for the next two weeks which were all centered around me smoking meat on my new yoder.

I was thinking what have I gotten myself into.

Since Wednesday I have smoked trout and on Sunday I did a turkey. Needless to say the yoder has made me a hero with my family. I have two daughters who hate fish but loved the smoked fish. After the family tasted the smoked turkey they all (sons, daughters, grandchildren) voted for a smoked turkey for thanksgiving. Since there is 26 of us that will require a couple of birds.

Thanks yoder!

November 10th, 2014, 12:35 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

very few indeed
are the things that are not better when smoked...
its all good...

~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~
November 10th, 2014, 12:55 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome to the addiction!

Yoder_Herb
November 11th, 2014, 9:10 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Congrats on your new Yoder!

November 12th, 2014, 5:51 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Congrats on the new YS640!

FWIW, if you want to get really fancy, cut the turkey into parts (breasts, thighs, etc.) so you can cook each to the internal temp you like, then fry them for a few minutes before you're going to eat. Let them rest for a few, then shred, slice, or serve however you like it. Our new normal is smoked first, then fried. Unbelievable! It's also nice because if you're going to brine, it's easier (IMO) to brine the pieces vs. the full bird. Plus, this way, you can smoke them in advance and just let the frying reheat them later, even by a couple of days. (And, you can always throw some smoked wings in the oil for an app before the big event..., since you already have the oil hot and ready... :) )

Return to Pellet