Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
September 30th, 2014, 11:10 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I'm looking at cooking a pizza on a 60cm x 40cm tray in a YS640.

Can anyone recommend the best temp and configuration to do this at?

I'm guessing it will take up most of the space on either shelf but want to make sure it gets cooked all the way through and doesn't dry out.

Any hints or suggestions for a good setup?

October 1st, 2014, 6:43 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Haven't tried it yet myself, but definitely planning on it soon! Here's a previous thread that will get you some other members' thoughts on pizza on a 640. If you can, try to post some pics when your pie is done!

http://community.yodersmokers.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=211

October 1st, 2014, 10:39 am
Site AdminSite Admin

I can't say I have ever done what you are planning to do. I think it depends on how thick it is. I might think about starting it on the top shelf to cook it through, and put it on the bottom to finish the bottom of the crust. The top shelf will be a touch cooler, and will not have the concentrated direct heat from the heat diffuser.

Yoder_Herb
October 2nd, 2014, 4:54 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks for that.

I'll give that a try and see how we go.

My YS640 delivery is due next week and that's one of the first things I plan to try along with some spares and a pork butt.

Thanks all the way from Melbourne, Australia

Yoder_Herb wrote:I can't say I have ever done what you are planning to do. I think it depends on how thick it is. I might think about starting it on the top shelf to cook it through, and put it on the bottom to finish the bottom of the crust. The top shelf will be a touch cooler, and will not have the concentrated direct heat from the heat diffuser.

Return to Pellet