Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
September 24th, 2014, 8:23 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Don, Joe, Kirby, Josh, Herb, et al,

I've just been thinking about how I'm going to cook all the ribs I need to cook for an upcoming annual pig roast we host and I had a thought :idea: :idea: that I wanted to pass along in case it might be of interest to a lot of other folks. Guessing from the posts on here, there are quite a few others who would find this useful on a 480 or 640, and possibly other grills/smokers too. The idea is likely most appropriate for new smokers as a design/feature addition. Doubt it would make a great after-sale accessory idea, although it's possible to do that as well.

The idea is really quite simple--add capacity for more shelves than two. For smoking salmon, cheese, ribs, jerky, wings or other thinner, flatter, smaller items, you could double or triple the current capacity. (You could also sell more shelves... ;) ). I don't have any idea from an engineering standpoint how this might impact the overall design, nor if you've already contemplated doing this, but I can tell you, for me personally, it would significantly impact the productive capacity of the YS640 in a way that would further distinguish this product as a home run.

In terms of after market ideas, perhaps it would be possible to construct a rack of sorts that would sit on the existing grates with a slide or tab that would fit into or over the existing second shelf bracket, that would have a few extra shelf brackets in it to accept additional shelves. You may come up with a much better offering than I can think of too.

Appreciate any thoughts you might give to the idea. (Especially if you can release it in the next two weeks! ;) :D )

Thanks in advance for listening!

Best,

TJ

P.s. If you're interested in possibly doing a custom accessory for me, I'd be more than excited to discuss it with you. I've really got a serious problem on my hands and don't know exactly how I'm going to handle it...

Return to Pellet