Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
June 30th, 2020, 8:53 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Did a L&S smoke for pulled pork, starting at 1am and when pork was done around 5pm, I had light smoke from the hopper.

I removed grates and heat deflector and discovered the fire pit was full of ashes and smoldering pellets, up to the auger. This had caused pellets in the auger to start smoldering hence the smoke from the hopper. Really weird as I cleaned out the cooker before firing it up. Switched off the smoker, cleaned out the fire pit and switched it back on so the auger could push smoldering pellets out of the way. When I saw pellets dropping that were OK, I reassembled the cooker and let it run for about an hour. It ran fine.

I'm guessing the pellets I used got wet and burned badly and this caused the pile up. I used GMG pellets and never had issues with them before this cook.

I´ll be checking the seal around the fire pit, anything else I should check?

July 2nd, 2020, 4:21 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

This is the amount of ash I had after letting it run for roughly an hour at 250F. Looks excessive to me.

This is the seal just above the fire pot, think it´s time to replace it; no?

Return to Pellet