Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
September 13th, 2014, 9:26 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I received my YS1500 this week -- after a long wait! Unfortunately, my first cook is delayed as the auger motor appears to be DOA.

I spent the last couple hours with a mechanic friend and we pulled the auger assembly out of the hopper. We verified power (110-112v on the volt meter) is getting to the motor. But nothing is turning, even when pulled completely out of the hopper.

It's unfortunate as I had planned on breaking in my new smoker with a about 30LBs of meat that I've already purchased and have rubbed, injected and ready to go.

I've left a voicemail on the customer service line...what else do I need to do to get in touch with tech support and hopefully get a functional unit?

Thanks,

Joe

September 13th, 2014, 10:44 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Please send the following information to customerservice@yodersmokers.com and we will get a motor sent out to you:

Manufacture date and serial number from the door plate
Date and place of purchase
Your name and shipping address, email address and phone number.

Yoder_Herb
September 14th, 2014, 8:56 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks Herb...that email has been sent.

September 14th, 2014, 9:16 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Sorry for the issues. We will get you fixed up pronto.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet