Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 15th, 2019, 7:04 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Got some habanero death dust from All things BBQ and doing the wing recipe in my ys640. Any tips for good smoked wings on the pellet?

April 17th, 2019, 8:40 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I marinate overnight in Italian dressing. Smoke for about an hr at 225. Cook to temp or better yet texture at 375. (Approximately 25 minutes). Then toss in kosmos wing dust. Nashville hot is my favorite. If you prefer traditional buffalo use franks and butter to toss when ur done. Good luck

May 3rd, 2019, 2:37 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Let wings set on rack uncovered in fridge overnight to help dry skin. Follow cooking steps mentioned above and then toss with you favorite rub, spice combo, or sauce.

Edit - Forgot to mention that contrary to most recipe recommendations, you should NOT rinse your poultry. Doing so just spreads any bacterial contamination, such as salmonella, to the sink and surrounding areas. You'd be amazed at how easily it is then spread to the rest of your kitchen.

Yoder 640 on a Husker themed comp cart. Go Big Red!

Return to Pellet