Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
September 10th, 2018, 9:45 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I’ve been reading on this forum for a few months and decided I’m getting the YS640 on a competition cart. I have been trying to decide between the silver or the black. The black looks really sharp in the manufacturers photos but I haven’t been able to see actual pics. Which color is your preference and why?

September 11th, 2018, 8:27 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Forgot to ask this. What options are a must have?

September 11th, 2018, 8:28 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I love my competition cart in orange. I might be a little biased as a University of Illinois alum... :)

September 11th, 2018, 8:29 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

The big must have I think is the two piece diffuser. Everything else is stock and performs wonderfully.

September 11th, 2018, 11:43 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks for the reply. I am getting the two piece deflector and the cover. Can’t decide on the cart though. I see lots of silver but no black. Anybody have a pic of their black competition cart?

September 12th, 2018, 11:20 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Punch ys640 in your web browser. Click on images. If you look hard enough you will find one. Looks good but honestly to me its kinda like black on a car...Looks good but always needs to be polished to look good. It all comes down to personal preferences. I have the silver.

September 16th, 2018, 8:28 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks I did finally find some good pictures. The black comp cart is what I’m going with . One other question. Is it worth the extra money for the stainless steel shelves? Are there any advantages to having them over the standard shelves?

September 16th, 2018, 10:48 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Advantage vs preference would be minimal. I have the stainless and am glad. Easy to clean and nothing drops through. I have mine on the upstairs deck. Maybe a little less spillage.

October 3rd, 2018, 2:22 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have owned my YS640 for about 9 months now. Before I bought this I researched smokers/grills for about 2 years because I had very little experience with them & cooking in general. With the help of a few good websites I have produced some great food. There is a ton of room to cook on & the heat stays pretty much where you want it. Only a few issues I have had is that where the stack mounts to the side of the grill it drips. I did have a scratch on mine from the shipper & when I called about it I was sent a can of matching high temp paint very quickly. One thing that I like the most about this smoker is it is heavy. You can tell that this thing was built to last.

check out this pilpedia website
Code: Select all
https://pilpedia.com/

Return to Pellet