Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 4th, 2018, 5:54 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I was on the phone earlier looking to order a YS1500 and the salesman on the other line mentioned that pitts and spits model is quite good and has PID controller and is fully welded. I know people have asked the question before about the PID and the general response has been that the yoder firmware is better. Can someone explain why its better? Also does yoder YS1500 come fully welded?

March 6th, 2018, 10:51 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

I think the smokers that you are looking at are in two different classes. The YS1500 is a dump truck. Since you don't mention a S&P model, then I can only imagine that it's a pickup truck at best. This is like comparing a fine chop house in downtown St Louis, to a Starbucks in SanFran. I'm out on this one. Can anyone help?

March 23rd, 2018, 2:55 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

patrickd26 wrote:I think the smokers that you are looking at are in two different classes. The YS1500 is a dump truck. Since you don't mention a S&P model, then I can only imagine that it's a pickup truck at best. This is like comparing a fine chop house in downtown St Louis, to a Starbucks in SanFran. I'm out on this one. Can anyone help?

Actually, the Pitts and Spitts are 7 and 10 gauge on the body/lid, all welded. Check out their website, pretty impressive. I saw one at a local BBQ store, they are heavy duty.

March 23rd, 2018, 3:00 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The off-brand cooker is a Traeger clone, with a small round firepot. Heavy metal construction will not overcome this, nor the difference in the controllers.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet