Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 30th, 2017, 6:52 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just received my YS640 smoker, I was so excited when it arrived, I got everything ready and started it, when it was in the heat up stage my grandson accidentally tripped over the electrical cord and unplugged the smoker, I quickly plugged it back in and it won't start, the fan comes on but no display, talk about disappointment. I am starting to think I made a huge mistake buying a pellet smoker, I am a traditional smoker, I just wanted something that was easy. Anyone have this kind of issue? Can I return it?

July 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Unplug it for more than right away, maybe 5 min then plug back in. Make sure you clean out the burn pot of unburnt pellets before you try again.

It's possible your grandson messed up the electronics. Kids do the funniest things.

July 30th, 2017, 8:29 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Do what conundrum says and than also confirm, by having the grates removed during startup, that the pellets are falling into the burn pot and that the ignitor is getting red hot. The ignitior is the little 1/4" tube looking piece that protrudes into the burn pot.

Also, check the fuse. There is a fuse on the unit, not sure what it controls and would assume the entire cooker won't work without it, but check it anyway for shits and giggles,

Sorry your first experience was sour! You'll love that cooker though, give it a chance!

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART
July 30th, 2017, 8:53 am
Site AdminSite Admin

If the cooker was unplugged, it was reset and needs to be started again.

Flip the power switch off, unplug the cooker, clean the ash from the burn grate, plug it in, flip the power switch to on and hot start.

If you already have a fire in the cooker, then skip the step of cleaning the ash.

Yoder_Herb
July 30th, 2017, 9:41 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have tried all of the above, I'm thinking it has to do with the electronics, the fan runs but no display other than when you first turn it on, U29 is flashed and then it goes blank. Thank you everyone for your assistance.

July 30th, 2017, 10:06 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Unplug for 30 seconds, plug it in, flip the power switch on, and push the START button.

Yoder_Herb
July 31st, 2017, 10:24 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Make sure that you are pressing the START button firmly to start the cooker, as the button may be very stiff when new.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet