Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
May 2nd, 2017, 8:40 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Wanted to get some input on this. I have never cooked the two at the same time. I typically wrap brisket in butcher and don't wrap Pork butts. Plan was to cook the brisket on the top shelf and butts on bottom shelf. I have a ys640 pellet cooker. Anyone have an opinion here or recommendation? Looking forward to imput.
Thanks

May 4th, 2017, 11:35 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I do this often! I find the pork helps keep the brisket moist. Put it all on at the same time, set temp to around 235-250 with damper slide set mid way. Brisket top rack in the middle, fat up, point to stack.
My standard pre-party cook starts by prepping/dry rubbing meat and putting in fridge around 7pm, remove meat and start grill around midnight, start my cook around 1:00am at 235 deg with the hopper full of some kind of oak based pellet (BBQ Delight). Go to bed!

At 235deg my hopper will last almost 8hrs with no wind, so at around 7am I fill the hopper and check the temps and see how the bark is looking. I may bump the temp to 250 or leave it depending on the meat. Spritz, wrap, adjust meat positions, adjust temps etc. but find the pork is usually wrapped in foil and brisket in paper by 9-10 am (after i get the bark I want).

Pork is typically coming off around noon and brisket by 2 or so. All the sides go on (timed for dinner) while the meat rests wrapped sitting in aluminum pans in the oven with it off unless dinner is delayed (use as warmer).
I find dinner can be as early as 5 or as late as 7 and everything is still great!
Hope it helps

brisk-pork.jpg

Return to Pellet