Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 13th, 2017, 7:33 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Does everyone fill their hopper all the way or just to the top of the vented area? I have noticed that a couple pellets slip thru the gap. Going to cook a brisket for Easter and want to be sure that it doesn't run out.

April 13th, 2017, 10:02 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I fill mine to the brim at times. Been at this over 3 years now Make sure you check every 4-5 hours. Especially in colder climates. Even in Vegas I start cook at 10 PM and up at 3-4 AM to check. I ALWAYS need to add more at that time. Buying a cheapo welding blanket and moving blanket at Harbor Freight can cut back on pellet usage. Depends on type of pellets, pure cherry for example have lower BTU so they burn faster through pellets. I use a mix popular brand.

April 14th, 2017, 2:28 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

After my first hopper fire I decided to try to only add enough for each cook. Try is the operative word.
I try to leave enough to get the pit up to temp for the next cook and then add what I think I need for the cook of the day.
I do find myself adding at times a little more often but once you've had a hopper fire the piece of mind is worth the extra work.

Return to Pellet