Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 6th, 2017, 8:17 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I purchased a ys640 last year and I really love the product. However, I have a fair amount of paint flacking off the hood of the cooker right where the yoder plate is attached, which is disappointing. It appears that when the plate was installed it caused the paint to loosen up a bit.

Nonetheless, I need to scrap the flicking paint off and do some touch up painting. My question is if anyone knows the best way to remove and reinstall the yoder plate on the cooker? I need to take that off and reattach it to get the best results.

April 6th, 2017, 10:30 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

What is the Yoder plate? You mean the diffuser under the grates? It's removed my just getting it at the right angle and removing it. If it went in, it will come out. Had mine for over 3 years, it is easy after a few times.

If you have a paint issue the Yoder guys will reply. Pics of the paint issue would help.

April 6th, 2017, 2:34 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The door serial plate is riveted on, and the rivets will need to be drilled out to remove the plate. Use an 1/8" drill bit to drill them out. Use 1/8" by 3/8" to reattach the plate to the door.

Yoder_Herb
April 7th, 2017, 11:35 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Okay I didn't realize those were rivets on the serial # plate. I watched a video how you can drill those out, which looks pretty easy. Is it possible to reuse the same rivets to reattach the plate or do you have to get new ones? It looks like you need a hand tool to attach rivets.

Attachments
IMG_1083.JPG
April 7th, 2017, 12:01 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Yes, they will have to be replaced. They are pop rivets, probably aluminum like the plate. A kit can be bought for under $30 at a tool store like Harbor Freight (USA)

April 7th, 2017, 6:03 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

I removed mine to paint and I reattached with new stainless cap screws and nuts. Likes way nicer and they are removable. Spent like 4 bucks at Home Depot.

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART

Return to Pellet