Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 31st, 2017, 8:01 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just curious what the word is with smoke coming out around the door. Normal? Or should it be tight as a drum?

I'm sure nothing is preventing the door from closing as it happens even with nothing in it but a smoke tube on the fire pot with the fan on.

It's hard to quantify the amount of leakage but depending on my temps I see more around the door than the chimney.

Door looks square.

At the moment I'm at 350 with the 2 way diffuser. Some is coming out the probe port which is expected but most is leaking around the top left of the lid and bottom right. Almost as if it's tweaked a bit. Looks straight but. Just wondering. I'll have to play with it in the morning after it cools.

April 1st, 2017, 12:13 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

None of the Yoder cookers are designed to be air tight. The more you cook on them the better the parts will fit together as the metal cures from the heating and cooking process.

If you would like to adjust: download/Install%20and%20Repair/Adjusting%20The%20Hinges%20on%20a%20Yoder%20Smoker%20Pellet%20Grill.pdf

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet