Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 29th, 2017, 5:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I got my YS640 today and it's currently outside doing the initial burn. I read through the manual but I admit I didn't sit down and really take my time. I got the two piece diffuser and thats what I have in there now. My question is, I know the original diffuser wasn't supposed to be used above 400 degrees, can the two piece be used hotter than that? I've read where people have had it in there and turned it up all the way to sear. Is that ok?

Second the rubber piece that goes in the new probe hole....is it safe to leave in until you need to use the hole? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual.

Thank you and I can't wait to really use this thing.....boy everyone was right too...it's built like a tank.

March 29th, 2017, 5:55 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The diffusers are good to go for the temperature range of the cooker.

Yes, the plug can stay in place.

Yoder_Herb
March 29th, 2017, 7:04 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thank you for the quick response!

March 29th, 2017, 7:40 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I read the manual and found other places to read weeks before the delivery about the YS before this site was ever made. Why don't folks use the Internet 'thin'g available to them before it arrives?

Probe ports, door sealants, good ideas. It's all out there.

You get a complex piece of equipment way north of $1500 and you have no clue. It's not a toaster from your mommy.

March 29th, 2017, 7:56 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Conumdrum wrote:I read the manual and found other places to read weeks before the delivery about the YS before this site was ever made. Why don't folks use the Internet 'thin'g available to them before it arrives?

Probe ports, door sealants, good ideas. It's all out there.

You get a complex piece of equipment way north of $1500 and you have no clue. It's not a toaster from your mommy.

I don't see the need to come across as a jerk, but thanks for taking the time to do so.

Return to Pellet