Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 24th, 2017, 12:07 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello all. I took my first plunge into the pellet cooker world and after a ton of research I ended up going with a YS640. There was a local dealer about 30 minutes from me so that was beneficial as well.

I plan on doing some bacon and bacon wrapped sausage on my maiden cook. I also just picked up a full usda prime packer brisket from Costco.

I need to do some reading on the forum so I don't screw it up. Lol

Excited to start cooking some good food!

March 24th, 2017, 4:20 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb
March 30th, 2017, 9:15 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I got my YS640 in January. Use it almost every weekend. Smoked 60 lbs of pulled pork for a party last weekend. Be sure to check out the All Things BBQ site, scroll down and click "The Sauce" link. Chef Tom puts together some interesting and informative videos on food prep and recipes, including technical details for competition style pork butts, ribs and brisket. Recommend you subscribe to the site, and you'll get some kind of recipe or product review every Tuesday.

April 3rd, 2017, 3:59 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Awesome. I will check that out. Family got sick this weekend so the brisket got pushed off until this coming weekend.

Return to Pellet