Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
February 26th, 2017, 2:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I used my new YS640 yesterday for the first time. We slow cooked a pork butt. Unbelievably good. Now I know why I have never been able to cook good BBQ before. I didn't have a Yoder!

Now that I have pork fat all over the grates and diffuser, the question is what do people do to clean the pieces? The fat has hardened onto the surfaces now that is has cooled down. Do I just leave it alone and then use Easy Off once a year, or get heat resistant gloves and wipe it off while it is hot, or something else?

Thanks

John

February 26th, 2017, 7:37 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Use a putty knife to scrape off the residue from the diffuser. After doing this a few times, the diffuser will become seasoned, like a cast iron pan, and the cleanup will be much easier.

Yoder_Herb
March 15th, 2017, 2:18 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I wrap the diffuser with tin foil before I start and then let cool down and throw away the tin foil. The grater I just use a BBQ brush

Return to Pellet