Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
February 7th, 2017, 12:40 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I've worker with Yoder customer service on the following issue to no avail. Please Help!

I just took delivery of my YS1500 in November 2017. Bacon test, biscuit test and first baby back rib cook went poorly. I am experiencing 50 to 100 degree temp differentials from side to side and after following all the instructions from customer service and running the 2 hour temp test I am still experiencing problems.
Set temp: 250 degrees and all other thermometers are reading:
-Door Therm Close to Fire Box average: 173.5 degrees (is this therm broken?)
-Door Therm Away from Fire Box average: 144 degrees (what’s up with this thermometer?? 144 degrees)
-Internal 14” away probe average: 203 degrees
-Internal 28” away probe average: 197.9 degrees

Fans running, smoke grate fits in perfect. All seals are siliconed as they should be. From the numerous pictures I sent they did advise that there was an odd ash pattern in the cooker but offered no advice why or how to fix it.

The last advice I received from customer service was to run the cooker through 100 lbs of pellets and basically, I'm paraphrasing here, "let it work itself out". Doesn't seem like good advice.

The following is a portion of my response:
So let me get this right, you want me to cook (5) 10-hours cooks (approximately 100 lbs of pellets) to see if my cooker MAY work out these issues on its own? That is not quite the response or support I was looking for from Yoder. I though you guys stood behind your products?! This is not what I expected after a $5,000 purchase. I have yet to read anywhere (yoder blog, yoder forum, other blogs and forums) about any one having to go through a “break-in” period. I did a lot of research on this cooker before I made this major purchase. I read a lot of good things, but this is a joke. I paid for what was supposed to be the best. I expect the best. I didn’t buy some piece of crap, thin walled Traeger or Rec-Tec.

MACK
YS1500 & Meadow Creek TS120
February 7th, 2017, 2:00 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

We did respond via email, and will continue to do so until you have resolution to your issue. We are very interested in reviewing the information requested in the email. I would also like to see the results of a temperature test done in the exact manner specified in the instructions, if you are inclined to do another test.

Yoder_Herb
February 26th, 2017, 9:46 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder Herb, yes Joey/Yoder finally did respond to my email after two weeks - as soon as I posted the above on Feb 7th. I immediately responded with the additional information he requested within 24-hours. It's now Feb 28th and I have yet to receive a response or any resolution.

Regarding your statement above about performing the temperature test in the "exact manner specified" I don't think I could have been more exact in following the Yoder specifications for performing the temp test. If anything I provided more info then requested. I am an engineer...and am extremely precise by nature. I produced a comprehensive matrix with accompanying labeled photos of everything I did. (I would attach to this post but I can't figure out how to). If the temp test needs to be done again I will gladly do so. Just say the word. All I want is a working smoker. What do I need to do?!

MACK
YS1500 & Meadow Creek TS120
February 26th, 2017, 7:48 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

This was the last email that was sent to you:

Thank you for the pictures. We are currently investigating what you are experiencing and actively working towards a resolution. We do not currently have a timeline as to when we will have a solution. We will continue to keep you in the loop and appreciate you working with us to resolve what you are experiencing.

Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.

I have also forwarded your post above to the factory.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet