Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
December 4th, 2016, 11:11 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Ordered this smoker and took 2 and a half months to get I was told that yoder was the best and don't buy any other smoker even tho yoder is double the money I went with it, I used smoker 1 time and heat defuser bent from heat, used smoker 3 times after that and pellet auger motor went bad, I am now on my 3rd auger motor and only had this smoker for over 1 month, I think the quality is very poor and would have never payed this much for the same quality I would have gotten with a smoker that is half the price they only warranty the electrical components for a year because they know there junk hope yoder starts putting good parts in there units cause the unit I got is junk

December 4th, 2016, 1:37 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The warranty on the Yoder Smokers pellet grills is 10 years against rust through on the main body of the cooker, 3 years on all electric components, and 1 year on the igniter. Not really sure who told you otherwise.

In answer to your statement, Yoder Smokers stands behind our products 100%. Your diffuser was replaced promptly, and after you contacted Customer Service directly, we sent you a replacement auger motor. What transpired outside of these interactions was out of our control.

If you are still having issues with the cooker working correctly, we are here to help and are just an email away. Send your issues in an email to customerservice@yodersmokers.com and we will promptly reply with any help you may need.

Yoder_Herb
December 4th, 2016, 5:24 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

YS quality is scond to none! The only thing better then their quality is their service. I promise if there is something they can do to help with you're situation/problem, they will. They've always done what's right by me.

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART
December 4th, 2016, 9:53 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Delong12, you just called my baby ugly and it's not even my baby!! I am not employed by Yoder and have NO financial connection to them other than the two smokers that I've purchased.

Let us/me help you figure out what is going on. Let me sift through your post:

"Ordered this smoker and took 2 and a half months to get" - Yep. Gonna take some time for American build.

"I used smoker 1 time and heat defuser bent from heat" - What temp were you set at? Was it greater than 325?

"used smoker 3 times after that and pellet auger motor went bad" - Where do you store your Yoder when not being used?

" think the quality is very poor and would have never payed this much for the same quality I would have gotten with a smoker that is half the price they only warranty the electrical components for a year because they know there junk hope " - Good luck with that and punctuation.

End note: You bought the best dang unit you could ever find. Be very thankful for that. Treat the unit like you would your dog. Shelter it, keep it clean, and be nice to it. When you come into a forum calling a Yoder poor quality then something is wrong. We want to help you work through the issues and get you on your way to enjoying the absolute best smoker you can buy. Once again, I have no ties to Yoder. I'm just a customer.

December 5th, 2016, 10:41 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Well i treat this smoker better then my wife but it has not treated me well everybody is entitled to there opinion, the only reason that I was able to use smoker yesterday was the place I bought it from (penn hearth) in pa and the owner Bill tested auger motors and both motors where bad so he used a motor out of a pellet stove to get me going that's is customer service yoder should give him an award will be contacting yoder for another motor

December 5th, 2016, 11:01 am
Site AdminSite Admin

If you are still having issues with the cooker working correctly, we are here to help and are just an email away. Send your issues in an email to customerservice@yodersmokers.com and we will promptly reply with any help you may need.

Yoder_Herb
December 5th, 2016, 11:39 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *
December 12th, 2016, 9:26 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I dont believe this one bit, we have two yoders and both are built like frickin tanks

Marbque Midwest Backyardoasis

Return to Pellet