Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
November 22nd, 2016, 11:45 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

I smoked a great bird Sunday and have it cut into sections (breasts, legs, thighs, etc..). The sections are vacuum sealed and frozen. What do you all suggest as the best way to reheat this meat? I seem to remember herb or someone talking about submersing vacuum sealed meat in hot/boiling water? Did I dream that? Let me know!

IMG_9094.JPG

IMG_9096.JPG

IMG_9095.JPG

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART
November 22nd, 2016, 11:49 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Put the Vacupack into just barely bubbling water and reheat. I like to leave in the fridge overnight for a bit of defrost and put in cool water for an hour then into the pot to heat up. Do what you need with the meat.

We do 9 or so chickens at the same time. Peeling all the meat off 7 of them and vacupacking it all. We eat one, and put 1/2 full chicken in a vacupack bag, rest get peeled. Having all of the chicken bones etc to make at least a gallon of perfect yummy chicken stock, putting one cup of stock each in a sandwich bag, freezing all of them. You have way better than store bought stock for a long time and quick chicken meals like tacos etc. Yes it's a full day of wonderful kitchen smells throughout your home,

It's a 6 AM on the fire for the birds, 8 PM stock is cooled and bagged. Awesome day.

I'm going to do 5 Cornish game hens soon and vacupack each half for dinners. Mmmm GOOD! Just the wife and I, just reheat and eat!

Return to Pellet