Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
November 2nd, 2016, 11:23 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Man, am I stoked about my YS640 Comp! This thing not only looks great, but cooks like a champ! Unpacked it Thursday and a few hours later reversed seared a couple beef tenderloin steaks. A day later, baked salmon with stuffing. Then came the big boy...a 17 pound Angus Choice brisket. Slid it on the rack at 130pm Monday, and after 16 hours, I pulled it at 530am this morning. That's 16 hours of "low and slow"! LOL Then rested in oven for four hours before slicing. Only rub was salt and pepper. Flat was just a bit dry for my taste, but was very happy with smoke ring and the point was nice and juicy. Pat myself on the back! LOL Had tried briskets before on other grills, but I think I'm gonna really enjoy cooking on this new one. Gotta get those cowboy beans out of the oven now and chow down on an early lunch.

IMG_5653.jpg
What she looked like after 16 hours of low and slow...first brisket off my YS640 Comp.

November 2nd, 2016, 4:30 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Congrats, looks good. Dryness seems to come from a multitude of reasons. I have only been totally happy with 2 out of about 9-12 briskets that I have cooked. Don't get me wrong they have all been good, but once you hit the mother-load perfection always seems around the corner.

Return to Pellet