Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
September 24th, 2016, 4:46 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just asking and I kinda think there was a fix for this, but the last couple of times I fired up the 640, owned it for 5 years now and it truly is a work horse, never a problem, after the latest cook, cleaned, vac.. ready to go, purchased the 2 piece plate about a 1.5 years ago, again no problems. the last couple of times I fired it up, pellet box caught fire, took apart cleaned out box and checked fire pot, all looked normal reassembled and just left it alone for a few days, fired up the 1500, all ok works fine, but I use the 640 for small cooks., so yesterday I tried firing up the 640 again, left alone, all seemed ok, came out of the house and pellet box billowing smoke, remove grill to opposite side, removed the removable plate and watched. pellets, they were building up at wall and a few were falling down into the fire pot, the pot fie would lite the pellets on top of wall causing a fire in the pellet box. Anyone else have this issue?? is it the fie pot fix??? made a make shift ramp for pellets to fall down all working ok buttt!!! Poppa S.

September 24th, 2016, 5:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

read a couple of fixes, Yes I clean out after cooks, lid closed when in cool down mode, latest firmware u26, , unplug when not in use, need to reseal with silicone and rebend fire pot for claen fit, thanks forum, THE 640 is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 24th, 2016, 5:31 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Woohoo! Nice forum use and fix! :)

Return to Pellet