Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
September 17th, 2016, 9:43 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just picked up my new Yoder YS640. During my attempt at burn in, everything shuts down after about 4 minutes. Tried multiple outlets, even ones with no load, same result. Unplugged ignitor and re-plugged, another blown fuse. I expected this very expensive cooker to work out of the box. Very frustrated & disappointed!! Any advice??

September 17th, 2016, 11:26 am
Site AdminSite Admin

What is the serial number and build date from the door plate?

Where did you purchase the cooker?

Did you try leaving the igniter unplugged, manually lighting the cooker and seeing if the cookers works? It might be a bad igniter.

Yoder_Herb
September 17th, 2016, 1:36 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Bought it at Charlotte Grill Company in Charlotte, NC. The seriel Number is 25859, with a date code of 8/19/2016.
After trying multiple AC outlets, and going through 7 fuses, I found where I could disconnect the ignitor. Once disconnected, and manually lighting the pellets, I was able to do the burn in, although the temps didn't get within 12 degrees either way from my set point of 350 within an hours time.
Very disappointed and frustrated. For the price of this smoker, I actually expected it to work out of the box!

September 17th, 2016, 2:17 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Please send an email with your serial number and build date, and place of purchase to customerservice@yodersmokers.com. Include your name, shipping address and contact pone number, and we will get a new igniter sent out to you. The cooker was tested prior to leaving the factory. Shipping can sometimes cause issues, as well as parts immediately fail upon use. We apologize this has happened, and will get you a new igniter sent upon receipt of your email.

The cooker is burning wood, and as such will never be dead on the set temperature, but will average very close to the set temperature over time. If you would like to see this is action, perform this temperature test exactly as the instructions state: download/Best%20Practice%20and%20how%20to/Yoder%20Pellet%20Temperature%20Test.pdf

Yoder_Herb
September 17th, 2016, 10:45 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Don't worry Yoder has the best customer service and they will take care of you. Before you know it you will be up and smoking.

Return to Pellet