Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
August 27th, 2016, 1:05 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

My fellow Yoder comrades. Two friends of mine have commented that because my YS 640 is not shaped like a barrel the smoke does not circulate through the smoker using centripetal force. As a result the items I am cooking due not receive the same type of smoke application as a barrel or circular smoker would. I'm not pulling a gag here and any comments you have will be well received.

Fc = m ac

= m v2 / r

= m ω2 r

= m (2 π ns)2 r

= m (2 π nrpm / 60)2 r (2)

where

Fc = centripetal force (N, lbf)

m = mass (kg, slugs)

August 27th, 2016, 1:14 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Over the last 4.5 years, I have cooked and eaten a lot of awesome BBQ from my Yoder Smokers pellet cookers, and not once have I needed to worry about smoke flavor, or any of the calculations required to prove that what I was cooking, or eating, might not be what it theoretically might/could/should be.

If your requirement is a barrel cooker, take a look at the YS1500. I cook on both a YS640 and a YS1500, and in a blind test, no one that eats the food can tell which cooker the food came from, or comments that this tastes better than that because it was cooked in a barrel shaped cooker.

I would cook against any pellet cooker with my YS640, and not worry at all.

Yoder_Herb
August 27th, 2016, 1:20 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

I'll bite!

Many years ago I had a buddy that was selling what he thought was high end stereo equipment. He would shoot out all the db's and ratio's along with dampening numbers. I would listened for a while but my response would be somewhat similar to your friends. In the end you buy stereo equipment with your ears. In this case, have them taste the food. Better yet, if you can have them do a taste test have them tell you which one is which they might get it right but probably not as easy as they think.

If it was me and they were my friends I might throw one other acronym at them...G.F.Y. ( could be letters for good for you or #%&$.

Return to Pellet