Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 30th, 2016, 5:19 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Jfred

You hit the nail on the head. I get a little OCD towards the end of my cooks, especially those 10+ hour smokes. Need to change that, and Chillax a bit. I just scored 2 home depot buckets full of Mangoes from a neighbors tree, time to break out the blender and Tequila and whip up some MangoMargaritas, that should help my condition :)

YS640 Competition
Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Pissing off muslims one rack at a time"
July 30th, 2016, 8:24 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Jfred

You are exactly correct, i doubt they had Maverick 733's and Thermapen Mk4 instant reads back in the day. Then again there weren't any Yoder pellet smokers for that matter either. bottom line is trust your gut, God knows I've had enuf trial and errors in the past to have known better.

So...after a very long day yesterday. Todays project was to wash and clean the 640 after smoking on it for over 24 hours strait. Oh yeah, it was smelling funky in there. Didn't want to clean the skanky grates inside, so i grabbed an old plastic cement mortar tub i had lying around forever and put it to good use.

IMG_1038.jpg
mortar tub for the grates
Dropped in the grates, and gave them a nice 70/30 Simple Green bath and scrub down. Vac'd out the pit and firepot, and scraped off the remaining grease. the exterior got wiped and clean as well. New foil on the diffuser and Voila...she's ready to rock n roll again.

But 1st things 1st.....a 7hour nap was next on the agenda, followed up with a quick snack, and another hour or so of sack time.

Im ready for round 2

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg
mortar tub for the grates

Attachments
IMG_1051.jpg
YS640 Competition
Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Pissing off muslims one rack at a time"
July 31st, 2016, 8:42 am
Site AdminSite Admin

The "feel" is the meat telling you it is tender/done and time to take it off the heat. Unless I am doing poultry or a cut of meat that requires cooking to a specific temperature, i.e., steak, prime rib, etc., I never look at the internal temperature of the meat. Each piece of meat, even the same cuts from the same animal, can cook differently, but, the indicators are always there to tell you when to wrap, and when it is tender/done.

Yoder_Herb
Previous

Return to Pellet