Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 11th, 2016, 7:19 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Hello follow YS640 owners!

I went to cook yesterday connected power cord and nothing happened??!?! I went to check the wall outlet to see if the GFCI was tripped and I realized it wasn't to be found on the wall outlet? So I rushed and got my multimeter and I had power in my cord! Uh Oh! I opened the side of the unit and tested the incoming power posts and no power?!?!?! I then decided to take the outlet apart on the side of the competition cart, low and behold this isn't a hardwire connection. I haven't looked at my manual to see if this is mentioned as a first line check when you have competition cart and no power. Where the short plug connects is a blind connection.

Now that I know this I will have to go under the unit and push it in every once and awhile. If this has been mentioned before, sorry for the re-post.

--Chris

July 11th, 2016, 8:17 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Is it possible the connector is bad... err the cord? It's a standard PC connection I ... think. On the 640 it's a removable plug just like a PC cord. I think those can be easily replaced, maybe they can send you a cable and the unit side connector, it should be snap in....

Well glad you figgured it out, good to know. Wonder how much a watertight twist bayonet type plug is. Hmm...

July 12th, 2016, 8:15 am
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

I am not sure how often owners remove their pits from the competition cart but after seeing how this was done a molex connector would work better here since a friction fit PC/electronics type plug can work its way out.

July 12th, 2016, 10:13 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Thinking more like this. MODS, it's a link that might matter to some. Please don't delete it, it is NO competition or thought to remove ANY excellence from your products. The MODS have a tendency to delete any link that causes issues no matter how small.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#electrical-plu ... s/=139an90

I sent a message to daw the OP just in case you delete this.

Return to Pellet