Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 2nd, 2016, 4:30 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I was getting my smoker ready for tomorrow, and figured I would do a hot burn to clean it, and the controller is flashing 586. I have brisket and ribs to smoke tomorrow! I saw on another thread that means the controller is not reading the thermocouple- is there any way to fix or work around this this weekend?

July 2nd, 2016, 5:02 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

Always a little scary after a hot burn. I do not want to jump to conclusions but for immediate support trying calling Yoder support. Tough weekend might take a little while to hear back from Herb or Kirby via on line. Just in case start looking for breaks in your permatex around firebox. Of course do the usual unplug and replug after cool down.

Wish you luck!

July 2nd, 2016, 6:06 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The 586 is an indicator that the thermocouple has been damaged or is bad.

If you would like to cook hot and fast, cut the thermocouple wire, strip back the sheath, strip the two wires and twist the 2 wires together. This will put the cooker into a no maintenance, 350 set temperature pellet feed rate. You will not be able to change the temperature, and the cooker will not manage the fire, just feed pellets at the default 350 feed rate. This does NOT mean that the temperature in the cooker will be 350, it could be lower or higher.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet