Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
June 24th, 2016, 8:54 am
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Hey guys.., I've been reading some disappointing reviews on the factory covers for the competition cart 640. cheaply made, overrated and overpriced.

Has anybody tried or had decent experience with aftermarket/ generic ones?
seems to me if you remove the front and side shelves that a basic 65"- 70" wide cover can do the trick for a lot less money.

I'm awaiting delivery on my 640, and thinking of deleting the cover and putting that money towards the 2 piece diffuser with trap door instead, and just picking up a cover at my local box store.

YS640 Competition
Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Pissing off muslims one rack at a time"
June 24th, 2016, 10:32 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Well I have had my cover/smoker for almost 3 years. It's in great shape. That said, I roll mine out from a covered patio to use it, and I live in Vegas so it never gets rained on. It's very dry. We were at I think 8% humidity today. Only 108f I think, hehe.

Many leave their cooker in the elements and also have high humidity/snow/rain/wind etc. That's not good for any big hunk of steel or cover, no matter what.

I'm happy with mine. It's a bit dusty etc, but as good as the day I got my YS640.

June 25th, 2016, 6:44 am
* Wichita ** Wichita *

I LOVE the Yoder Cover. I don't feel it's cheaply made and it looks awesome on my patio. That said, I did have an issue with the cover blowing off when I first got the cooker. Search the forum for "cover blowing off" and there is a post with info from me on adding some additional hold down points to bungee the cover on securely. Ever since I made that adjustment I couldn't be happier with the cover.

Wichita, KS!
New to pellet grilling/smoking

YS-640 ON ORANGE COMP CART

Return to Pellet