Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 24th, 2016, 6:15 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

No mention of the post order....

July 24th, 2016, 6:21 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Show me the upload button. Please I'm stoopid. Other forums have a button. Click. Browse my PC. Select, click, enter. Done. If oversized it automatically adjusts.

I click on anything on advanced it puts stuff in the page and expects me to do stuff. I can do it easily, I been working with PC's since 1994, but this is primitive. Spend $100 on a few upgrades to the site please.

July 24th, 2016, 7:35 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

PHPBB lesson #1

You must use the Full Editor to attach photos, not the quick reply. When you want to attach photos, click the "Full Editor" button as shown by the big red arrow:

full editor.jpg

The post order issue you mentioned is not a problem, and does not need to be fixed.

PHPBB lesson #2

Select the appropriate link under the left hand big read arrow. To see all unread posts since your last visit click on "View Unread Posts":

Then click the link shown by the big red arrow to go the first post that you have not read:
read recent posts.jpg

Not really sure why the terms of use, internal workings, and almost everything else on this Yoder Smokers forum, seems to be an issue. The forum is a Customer Support tool which is used to provide Yoder Smokers specific information to current, and future, owners. It is not, and was never meant to be, a replacement to the other "types" of forums on the Internet. We do appreciate every person, owner or not, and provide this forum as a platform to share information to educate, support and help get the most out of our products. The forum is not a sales tool for non-Yoder Smokers products, or to promote other forums or personal agendas.

Yoder_Herb
July 24th, 2016, 8:25 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:...The forum is a Customer Support tool...

This is exactly why I said:

Ware wrote:This place has so much potential...

As operated, this is not at all a "community" - it's a place owners poke their heads in every couple of weeks to see if there are any new problems to watch out for. That said, I know you don't understand that, so I will continue to utilize it for what it is. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's a good thing you're not in charge of marketing/sales.

July 24th, 2016, 8:31 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Actually the rules et el were dictated by others, not me. The moderators all follow the rules, as should all members. Pretty simple reallly. Further personal attack on forum personnel will not be tolerated.

If you have issues, I suggest that you take them up with Mr. Joe Phillips. He will gladly engage in a conversation about the forum and how it exists. His email is jphillips@yodersmokers.com

Yoder_Herb
July 24th, 2016, 8:44 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Maybe the Facebook Fan Page Group is more inline with what you are desirous of: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yodersm ... etfanpage/

Yoder_Herb
July 25th, 2016, 5:07 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Since you don't have a 'Forum issues" and problems like most forums, I guess in the Pellet Cooker thread this goes.

Thanks Herb, admin is always a tough job. Facebook? Meh. Rather not.
"The post order issue you mentioned is not a problem, and does not need to be fixed."

Why is the 12th post as the most current isn't at the top of the sub-forum?

July 25th, 2016, 5:21 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The posting is linear, so the thread can be read from the beginning to the end. This will not change. Click the links that I posted pictures of and you will see the posts you haven't already read. Pretty simple and straight forward.

Yoder_Herb
July 25th, 2016, 5:29 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Better yet, here is a video that should completely clear up your attachment issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZHKlvwJ6ZU

Yoder_Herb
July 25th, 2016, 5:57 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Okay, man I feel like an idiot I think. Here ya go, 7 butts on the Yoder 640!

IMG_0033.JPG

July 25th, 2016, 6:00 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I am a idiot. I didn't look at the bottom of the post window, most forums have it at the top. Thank you Herb. Now I can post great cooks as the Yoder always does.

3 of these butts went to the new fire station opening up down the street. With cole slaw, wicked beans, rolls, and my home made spicy pickled onions. Had to feed 12 peeps, they ate well I hope.

Thanks Herb! Almost all is forgiven. Fix the latest post at the top.

July 25th, 2016, 8:59 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Conumdrum wrote:...Almost all is forgiven. Fix the latest post at the top.

I think you're referring to the large number of stickies at the top of the pellet subforum (designated with an exclamation mark on the icon). It is annoying, but here again, we're told the management set this up as a "customer support tool". It does that well - this is the first place I come when I have a problem with my Yoder.

Previous

Return to Pellet