Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 29th, 2016, 8:18 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Getting my spring cleaning done on the 640.When I opened it up I found a lot of the paint was flaking and peeling on the inside of the lid and sides of the cooker. rather than repaint can I spray the inside with pam or cooking oil and re-season it by doing a cook on it? Thanks for your help,lrp1418

April 29th, 2016, 4:54 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Yes. What you are seeing is probably not paint, but the built up cooking debris (seasoning). Scrape it off, and spray with high temperature cooking oil, like canola or peanut, and run the cooker for an hour with the temp set to 350.

Yoder_Herb
April 30th, 2016, 8:07 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Take pics and I'll let you know. You get like little flakes and a thin bit of stuff. Prolly not rust by any means. I scrape it all off inside once a year, Top sides, bottom with a plastics scraper, like $1 at home depot paint department. Soak the inside and outside in simple green, scrub and wash the outside and inside last and wash out with a strong hose. I cover the burn pit and the opening for the pellets with lots of alum foil. Ohh make sure to get rid if ALL the pellets and the bits in the auger first. Once all the pellets are gone a air compressor does wonders.

May 1st, 2016, 1:38 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I'll try to post pics here of mine before cleaning.

The cover with the 'carbon flake'

Ack, less than 1 MB file size allowed. Not gonna do all the resize junk.

Really need to make this easier for pics.

Return to Pellet