Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
February 18th, 2018, 9:27 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just celebrated the first year anniversary of the delivery of my YS640. While I'm still learning, I can honestly say that I've not achieved better results on any other grill/smoker I've owned. That being said, I have a question about my exterior wire shelves. My smoker is under constant cover, always under a 10x10 popup under my deck, and usually covered with the fitted cover when not in use. I've attached a couple pictures of my front shelf that show lots of rust pitting. The side shelf is almost as bad. I'm wondering if this is normal? It almost looks like the metal was compromised before it was plated. I can't imaging what they might look like in another year. Any ideas on how to mitigate the rusting?

20180218_144735A.jpg
Front Wire Shelf

Attachments
20180218_144739A.jpg
Other side of shelf
February 18th, 2018, 9:46 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Please send an email to customerservice@yodersmokers.com with your full name, shipping address, phone number, serial number and build date of your coomer, along with your pictures and description of your concern. We will best be able address your concern once we receive your email.

Yoder_Herb
February 18th, 2018, 9:51 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Wow, yours are looking good! I wipe mine down after the cool down when still warm/hot with a metal scrubby pad. No soap, just clean off the gunk. Once or twice a year I soak in soap water and scrub in the back yard in a big tub I have. I then oil and heat up to 350 this includes the upper shelf grates that get a good cleaning also. I have no rust spots. I have discoloration, but the chrome has not worn off.

4 years and still just fine. But I live in Vegas and lowww humidity.

Yours just don't look fully cleaned, I still see bits of food on the grate. Scrub harder. Stainless scrubby pads are perfect.

It's a smoker, not a oven. Don't fret it.

February 21st, 2018, 7:42 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just a final followup. As Herb suggested, I contacted customer service with all the details. What a great team to work with! They promptly did a followup and will solve the rusting issues under warranty. Given that this is a Yoder forum, I know I'm "preaching to the choir", but how refreshing to have a team that backs up their products. Gives me comfort to know that I picked the right smoker.

Return to Pellet