Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
February 12th, 2018, 10:35 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Did the initial burn in twice, once with regular grates and again with direct grates. Everything went well. For my first cook I did chicken at 290 deg. Cook went well. When I shut down (turned switch to off position) the fan and everything went off about 5 to 10 seconds. I was worried that it was not getting the proper cool down so I switched the power back on and let the fan run the correct correct amount of time. It is probably something I did wrong. I may not have unplugged the unit after the last burn it. Could that have been my mistake? Used the grill again for a salmon cook and everything went as it was suppose to from cook to shut down. Thank you for any input.

February 12th, 2018, 2:02 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

More than likely, it was because you did not start the cooking session by plugging the cooker into power, or unplugging for 30 seconds if it was already plugged in.

Let us know if it becomes an issue.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet