Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
December 8th, 2020, 2:34 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

YS640 4 years old. I cant cook anything on the lower rack without it burning the bottom. Cooked a pork butt this week temp at 250 damper all the way in and the bottom was totally crispy and black had to cut it off and the butt tasted burnt. Same thing happened last month with a brisket with the damper out. This is new. Help please I am pretty bummed that I am not getting usable meat anymore.

J

January 10th, 2021, 8:58 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Mine is 1 year old and I have the same problem. Does anyone have suggestions?

January 30th, 2021, 11:09 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

The fact that Yoder decided to use the drip tray as a diffuser is the most mind boggling thing I've come across and it seems to be something that owners won't discuss. I've had 5 pellet smokers. From a junk GMG to a Pitts and Spitts. Every single one of them use a true diffuser and (what Yoder calls a diffuser) a simple drip tray. Yoder is the ONLY one that doesn't have a true diffuser. It makes the bottom shelf nearly unusable above 225*. I would love to know Yoder's response to this. I cooked at 400* on the bottom shelf of my Smokin' Bros and Pitts and there was NO SCORCHING. The ONLY way to use the bottom shelf over a length of time at a higher heat is to use a cookie sheet and jerky rack. It's idiotic.

March 24th, 2021, 10:01 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am glad this is finally being discussed. I have thought, for the past three years, that I must be doing something wrong, because I had never seen anyone else complain. I have played with the damper, pellet brands, everything, and I simply can't keep anything on the bottom grate for more than a few hours without it getting too hot and burning or drying out.

April 16th, 2021, 5:51 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Maybe that is why the Yoder tri-level cooking shelf starts a couple of inches above the main grates?

My Yellow Competition Cart YS 640S
Built 31 MAR 2021. To dealer 2 AAPR 2021. To my place 8 APR 2021
April 16th, 2021, 6:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I don't think I've ever cooked anything on the bottom rack. I have always cooked on the top rack or use 2 jerky racks placed on the bottom racks, there about 2" high. I've always had great results.

Return to Pellet