Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
March 17th, 2016, 3:04 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am very interested in purchasing a Kingman offset smoker. My only concerns are the Kingman's cooking capacity (as I often prepare meat for gatherings of 50-100 persons), and would it be unrealistic to think that one person could load a Kingman on and off of a trailer without too much difficulty? Thanks in advance for any insight other members can provide.

March 17th, 2016, 5:24 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

No way one person can move a Kingman from one location to another alone. Maybe short moves on a smooth flat surface i.e. concrete. With all that considered only short distances would be advised.

March 17th, 2016, 6:06 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thank you, for the feedback, doublecross! I was afraid that would be the response I was going to get. It looks like any Yoder stick burner with the capacity to regularly feed the number of people I need to feed, while being truly mobile, is going to end up costing me a whole lot more than a backyard Kingman. Thanks again!

March 17th, 2016, 9:15 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

You can trailer mount any cooker for mobility.

Yoder_Herb
March 18th, 2016, 8:01 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Have had my backyard Kingman for a couple years now, it's a thing of beauty, but as mentioned, you won't be moving it anywhere on your own. Mine was delivered, and hasn't moved yet, guess they call it backyard for a reason, it's a tank!

March 18th, 2016, 8:43 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

If you really would like a Kingman, you can call as ask to have a custom install of large casters put on the front legs to make the moving easier, but, you would still be rolling on the big metal wheels and getting it into the trailer would still be a 2 person job without a winch.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Stick Burners